ProductCenter® PLM Solution Distinction
Features and functionality of course are very important but there are many more factors to consider when choosing a PLM solution. In addition to being a very comprehensive and capable collaborative Product Lifecycle Management solution, ProductCenter stands out among other PLM solutions with its ability to deploy quickly, deliver rapid ROI, and enable exceptionally low Total Cost of Ownership. It is through these distinctive features and superior service to our customers that ProductCenter delivers the industry’s highest PLM value and quickest time to benefit:
- Fast, predictable, and low cost deployments, including legacy data migration, in under one month on average
- Comprehensive out-of-the-box functionality without costly and lengthy customization
- Multi-CAD, multi-platform for easy operation across mixed enterprise environments
- Direct SolidWorks, and Autodesk partnerships offering in-house, partner-certified integrations to those applications.
- Flexible concurrent licensing for cost effectiveness
- Easy to use Web based interfaces for fast user adoption
- Requires low administrative support to minimize IT resources
- Modular and scalable to adapt from workgroup to extended enterprise
- Recoup PLM investment in under one year on average
- Time tested, proven solution with numerous documented customer successes
Bill of Information (BOI)
ProductCenter® Bill of Information
The biggest gains to be achieved in next generation Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) implementations will be seen by companies that adopt a Bill of Information (BOI) approach which enables the real-time management and reporting from the entire compilation of information at any point along a product’s lifecycle – from concept through retirement.
Product companies use the term Bill of Materials (BOM) to describe the components that once assembled, represent a finished product. However, the BOM does not describe how the idea became a product which generated revenue.
With ProductCenter, SofTech Group uses the tern Bill of Information. Like our DNA, the ProductCenter BOI serves as a comprehensive “blue print” for all of the information about the product, its relationships, and dependencies including the Bill of Materials (BOM) definition.
The ProductCenter BOI captures the entire data set required for design, testing, manufacture, delivery, sale, and support of a product throughout its lifecycle. Having all of this information available allows very tailored and specific pieces of information to be presented to various users, groups, departments and suppliers for example.
The ProductCenter BOI will enhance your competitive edge by:
- Streamlining product data and processes
- Reducing development cycle times
- Improving the quality and reliability of the release to manufacturing and time to market